So…last week was all about turkey, of course. We spent our holiday in lovely South Carolina with the husband’s fam! Here’s what we did:
- Our annual trip to the CONGAREE swamp - this time we took the long loop, which was a lot longer than I remembered it to be. Still way worth it!
- Meeting the new Canadian side of our family - which meant there were only two Americans around the thxgiving dinner table. R and C: you are officially outnumbered. Now wait for x-mas, when my Germans come to town.
- Thrift store shopping on Black Friday!
- Eating sweet potato biscuits from Rosewood Market - Mmmmm!
- Watching the Gamecocks beat Clemson at a crazy sportsbar that had TVs tableside (!) The husband and I looked a tad out of place, but it was fun!
- Driving around town listening to the new Kanye record approx. 5 times. It’s a monster!
- I also found the most amazing knitting book at a used books store - more on that later. Too rad…you’ll see
- Oh, and of course there was crocheting - and lots of it. I made a new cowl and a bunch of head bands/wraps that I just love. Hope to add them to my shop klausandalfred.etsy.com later this week.
- And let’s not forget the pat-down extraordinaire at the Columbia airport. The husband and I were selected at random for a super search, which included a full body pat and going thru all our stuff. We barely caught our flight. My TSA lady was incredibly sweet and asked about a thousand times if I was ok. No biggie!
Now back to work. Have a lovely day!
Friends, last week was rather uneventful…only one show, and a sad one it was. Our dear friends of “Noncanon” played their last show. It was a beautiful night at a sweet gallery here in Phila. My man was studying hard, so we did not go out much. Oh wait, we did. Dinner with friends, a few drinks, and my personal highlight: a trip to the fabric store.
Here’s what I made last week:
- One pair of baby booties - posted a pic on Saturday. The recipient’s parents LOVED them, and now want adult sizes.
- Another hat - cuz it was hat week. I got tired of it tho…
- More lamp wear/spaghetti monster - I finally figured out my knitting machine! Double Yay!
- A cape - from super rad wool fabric I got for a steal at the fabric store.
- A triangle scarf for moi - I crocheted some rows every night
- mmmm, guess that’s it
Gotta work some now - but check back later for some photo action.
some rad things we did last week(11/8-11/14):
- Shearwater show at Johnny Brenda’s
- Twin Sister show at First Unitarian Church
- Mountains & James Blackshaw show at First Unitarian Church (seated chapel show)
- Hayseed and Squirrel’s spirit tasting in Chelsea
- Open studio/gallery day in Bushwick
I also did a lot of knitting and crocheting - and finally opened my etsy store. you MUST check it out. Also crammed into the week (amongst real-life work for hard cash), a “Stitch and Sip” meet-up in Northern Liberties. After the second beer the crocheting slowed down immensely. Great fun! last week rocked - hope this one will too.